What is a 575T Form?

The 575T form is a document that you must complete if you want to request the transfer of benefits from an unused Married Couple’s Allowance to your spouse. It can also be used to contact HM Revenue & Customs if you wish to transfer a Blind Person’s Allowance.

575T Form

When Do I Have to Submit the 575T Form?

Let's say your annual income for fiscal year 22/23 is £11,000 or less and your partner's income is between £11,001 and £43,000. In this example, you can transfer £1,100 from your personal allowance to her, which will reduce your partner's tax liability. This usually saves her £220 during the tax year. To qualify for this transfer, you must be born on or after April 6, 1935, and have completed the 575T form.

How Do I Submit this Form?

To notify HMRC that you wish to transfer any unused benefits to your spouse you can do this in two ways:

1)Use the online forms service.

2)Complete the form on the screen, print it and submit it to HMRC.

To use the online service, you must have a Government Portal with a username and password. If you use the online form, you have to provide a reference number to track the status of your form.

What Information Do I Need to Fill Out this Form?

To fill in the form you will need:

● Date of marriage

● your partner’s HMRC reference

● National Insurance number of your spouse

● Details of your income for that tax year

● Details of the benefits you wish to claim for that fiscal year

Can I Get a Refund for the Taxes We Overpaid in the Past?

Yes, you can file a claim up to the last four fiscal years, but unfortunately, a refund cannot be requested after four years.

Note: This is also the time to start thinking about other tax credits you may be entitled to. Again, you can only claim the last four fiscal years.

How Can We Help?

Our knowledgeable and experienced tax accountants at Pro Tax Accountant can help you with all of your tax returns and tax forms. From maximizing labour costs to reducing taxes with the help of our wide range of online accounting services. You don't have to make any effort to file your taxes. Contact us today by filling out the contact us form or call us at 07341371345.

12 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All