• PTA

What Is an R38 Form?

The form you need is R38 if you have paid "too much tax" and want to get this "too much" back. If necessary, you can also designate someone else on the form R38 to receive this payment for you. If you overpay, you can ask HMRC to send the refund to a third party using the R38 mailing form or request it online. This is usually the case when clients request a tax refund from their accountant or sales representative.

You must complete a separate form for each financial year for which you are requesting a refund.

Form R38

Why Do I Need To Submit the R38 Form?

HMRC implements a settlement process to verify that each taxpayer has paid the correct amount of tax. Most people have paid the correct amount in taxes and rarely need to contact HMRC. If you have paid too much tax and believe you are eligible for a refund, you can submit Form R38 to ask HMRC to investigate.

When Can I Submit the R38 form?

If you have worked and paid UK income tax and know that you have paid too much, you will need to fill in R38 to get your money back. There are many tax breaks for UK taxpayers' wage bills: union membership, union membership fees, tools, and equipment, buying and washing uniforms, and working from home, to name a few.

What Happens If I Pay More Or Less Tax?

You can claim a tax refund from HMRC if you pay too much tax. The underpaid tax can be collected through the tax law for the following year or if you wish to do so as a self-employed person.

How Can We Help You With Your R38 Form?

Handling a claim with R38 is often a complex and time-consuming process. But here at Pro Tax Accountant, we are experts in collecting overpaid taxes and can make sure you get all the taxes owed in the past four tax years.

12 views0 comments